Baptism – The Rebirth
At LCF we believe in the baptism with immersion into water after salvation. We do believe that immersion baptism is a powerful step that any Christian should take in their journey with God.
The symbolism in the immersion is firstly that a believer immerses themselves fully into their faith and relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. Secondly it is a sign that they die to themselves and their own lives and are resurrected with Christ into a new life of power, holiness (which means being separated from the world) and kingdom mindedness. Thirdly baptism immerses us into the power of the Holy Spirit and opens a world of spiritual fruit and spiritual gifts unto us. Fourthly it gives us the power to overcome sin and the hurt of the past in our lives.
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Romans 6:1-3 New King James Version (NKJV)
View Facebook Galleries
- Baptism at LCF – 1 March 2020
- Baptism at LCF – 29 September 2018
- Baptism at LCF – 29 July 2018
- Baptism at LCF – 15 October 2017
- Baptism at LCF – 12 March 2017
- Baptism at LCF – 12 June 2016
- Baptism at LCF – 29 November 2015
- Baptism at LCF – 9 November 2014
- Baptism at LCF – December 2013
- Baptism at LCF – 7 April 2013
- Baptism at LCF – 28 Oktober 2012